Monday, April 27, 2015

Fresh produce! Fresh bread! My Bountiful Baskets goodness.

The last time I picked up produce from Bountiful Baskets was on the Saturday before Easter. I brought home so much that day that this is the first time that I've gone back! It's also the time of year that the local Farmers Markets are open again (some stay open all year, but some only open from May through October) so I want to visit them for even more good stuff!

Bountiful Baskets always offers so many tempting choices each week, but this time I limited myself to the regular basket plus one add-on item.


This is my regular basket: 4 Artisan Romaine lettuce, 2 spaghetti squash, 2 broccoli crowns, 5 sweet corn, 3 orange bell peppers, a cucumber, 8 potatoes, 2 yellow onions, a mango, 6 bananas, 5 Braeburn apples & a honeydew melon. 

This basket was veggie heavy. They usually try to make it 50/50. But I'm not complaining!



This is my Assorted Bread Pack (add-on item): 4 loaves of English Muffin Bread & 2 French baguettes. These have no artificial preservatives so most of it will go straight to the freezer. 






I got all of this for $28.50 (which includes the $3.50 which is added to each order in Texas to contribute to the fuel costs for the trucks). The spaghetti squash are new to us. I've seen them in the grocery produce sections but never bought one so we've never tasted it before. And the cute little Artisan Romaine lettuce which I was told are great to use for wrap sandwiches because they are the perfect size. 

If you want information about Bountiful Baskets, you can go here to read the New Participant Information.

I'll go back for more produce from Bountiful Baskets in mid-May. We have plans to visit one of the local Farmers Markets in our area next Saturday. I can't wait to see what we find there!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment