Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Air Bar Exercises DVD, Volume 1 Review #abxdvd


As each year goes by, I find that I exercise less & less. I still love yoga & I can get motivated to walk at our local Walking Trails with my husband if the weather is nice, but exercising everyday is a thing of the past. So when I got the chance to review this Air Bar Exercises DVD, Volume 1, I thought maybe this is just the change of pace that I need to get started on a healthier path.


Erin Buchanan's Air Bar Exercises is a metabolic conditioning workout that uses elements of HIIT, Yoga, Dance, Martial Arts, Pilates & Cardiovascular Training. I figured that with such a variety I would surely be able to commit 30 minutes a day for 30 days. The only equipment needed for these exercises is a 40" dowel, which is not included when you purchase the DVD. I bought mine at Home Depot for just a couple of dollars.


The first time I watched this DVD, I followed along pretty well but it kicked my butt! It's a low impact workout but very high intensity. After a couple of days, I was following along for 30 minutes each time. The exercises are simple & they can be modified to make them easier or more difficult, depending on your fitness level. At first I didn't think this would be a whole-body workout, but I definitely felt muscles that I had forgotten were there!

Now, let me admit that I did not do this workout everyday for 30 days. After a couple of weeks, I slowed down to only exercising every couple of days & by the end of the 30 days, I had stopped altogether. But while I was doing the exercises, I could definitely feel the results!

So. Here is what I think about Air Bar Exercises DVD, Volume 1: I like that this exercise program is low impact so it is good for all fitness levels. I like that it utilizes the bar because I felt like that made me stretch more than if I had done the exercise without one. I like that it is only a 30-day commitment, even though I didn't complete the 30 days. The only thing that I didn't like was that Erin talks constantly throughout the DVD. I like the motivation, but some silence every once in a while would have been nice.

You can purchase this DVD on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Fitness-DVD-utilizing-Strengthening-Cardiovascular/dp/B00QNAYL92/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

#abxdvd

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment