Thursday, June 25, 2015

Product Review: Nomex Oven Gloves #ovengloves


I have a couple of pairs of oven gloves but they are those silicone oven mitts & they do a good enough job but they are kind of clumsy to wear. When these Nomex Oven Gloves arrived in the mail, my husband immediately wanted them because they are gloves, not mittens.

These gloves are so different from the others that I have. These are made from 100% Dupont Nomex fibers so they will block heat up to 662 degrees F. The gloves are covered in little blue silicone dots for added heat protection & to help get a better grip. The inside layer is made of 100% cotton so it is really soft & comfortable. The cuff of the gloves is long & covers my entire wrist plus part of my lower arm which helps when removing dishes from the oven or from under the broiler.

The fact that these oven gloves are not mittens makes a huge difference. Having fingers in the gloves makes it so much easier to grab whatever hot object I'm picking up. And the silicone dots really help with grip. I've used these while cooking & baking in the kitchen, outside when we're grilling & my husband even took them to work because they are a big help when he has to pick up the big metal sheets that he handles at the waterjet machine & the press brake machine. In fact, once he took them to work I haven't seen them again!

These gloves are hand washable or machine washable which is great. The only thing that I don't like about these gloves is that they are so big. The fingers are too long for my hands but they fit my husband. I wish this company made different sizes so women could have gloves that fit better.

There are so many uses for these gloves. You can purchase a pair of your own on Amazon.

#ovengloves

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment