Thursday, June 11, 2015

Product Review: Kendama Japanese Toy #KendamaLTD


I had never heard of Kendama but my son seemed to know all about it. He couldn't wait for it to arrive so he could show me what it is all about.


Kendama is a traditional Japanese toy. The idea is to toss the ball which is attached to a string & try to land it in one of the cups or on the spike. There is a cup on each side of the main piece & one on the end. They are all different sizes. I've played with paddle balls so I thought that I would probably be pretty good at this game. Nope! This is so much harder than it looks!


I cannot even count the number of times that I've tossed this little ball & tried to land it on a cup. I played with it for most of one afternoon before I finally landed it in the biggest cup. I haven't been able to land it in the smaller cups or on the spike. But it's really addicting & I just keep on trying! My son is pretty good at it. He has been able to land it in all 3 of the cups, but not on the spike yet. I can imagine that this toy would keep kids busy for hours. It certainly has kept the adults in my house entertained!

This toy can be enjoyed by anyone. It doesn't matter if you are left-handed or right-handed, young or not-so-young. It is made of solid beech wood so it is very sturdy & durable. Even after hours of playing, none of the bright paint has chipped at all. But just in case the string breaks, it comes with an extra string, bead & threading tool.

Are you ready to join the fun? You can purchase your own Kendama on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V48Q0A6

#KendamaLTD

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment