Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Product Review: Bellemain 6-Cup Non-Stick Popover Pan #popover12


I have heard of popovers but I've never baked or eaten a popover. When I had the opportunity to review this Bellemain 6-Cup Non-Stick Popover Pan, I was excited to try something new!


This 6-cup popover pan is constructed of heavy dark metal which is perfect for baking at high temperatures. The cups are 2.25 inches deep so that the popovers will rise high while staying light & tender inside. The non-stick surface helps each popover slide right out of the pan as soon as they are done. The pan is dishwasher safe although I have only washed mine with warm soapy water.


I found a recipe for popovers & it is really simple. There are only 4 ingredients but the trick is not to overbeat the batter. Since the recipe that I used left that instruction until the end, I had already beat the batter smooth before I saw that important tip so my popovers did not rise as high as they should have. But they still tasted good!

This is the recipe:
2 eggs
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 Cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease & flour 6 popover cups.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Beat in flour, milk & salt just until smooth, being careful not to overbeat. Fill popover cups 1/2 full.
Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F & bake for 20 minutes more. Immediately remove from cups & serve piping hot.

These popovers can be served with butter, honey, jam or anything else that you like. They really are best right after they are baked but we ate some the next day & they still tasted really good.

The Bellemain 6-Cup Non-Stick Popover Pan can be purchased on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b00wx9kktw

#popover12

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment