Thursday, July 16, 2015

Product Review: Gourmet Living Balsamic Vinegar of Modena #IGPInitialPromo


We love all types of vinegars & always have several different varieties in our cupboard & usually use one at almost every meal. So when I was chosen to review this Gourmet Living Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, we couldn't wait to try it!

This balsamic vinegar is produced & bottled in Modena, Italy. The only ingredients are Cooked Wine Must & Wine Vinegar so this is the real deal! It comes packaged in a very pretty wine-colored box with gold embossed lettering & logo. The vinegar comes in an 8.5 fluid ounce clear glass bottle with a wooden stopper topped with a wax seal. I opened the bottle & it smells so good! This balsamic vinegar is thicker & sweeter than grocery store balsamic so you won't have to add brown sugar to this one to add sweetness.

My favorite way to use this is for salad dressing. Sometimes we just use the balsamic vinegar & olive oil but when we want something creamier we mix the oil & vinegar along with some grated Parmesan cheese in the blender. Either way it is great on salads. Or make a wonderful Caprese salad with the fresh Heirloom tomatoes & basil from your garden on fresh mozzarella & topped with this balsamic vinegar. YUM! Add a bit of this to some olive oil & use it to dip bread, try it on vanilla ice cream, with strawberries or on grilled peaches. I was recently told that it also tastes great on grilled pineapple so I'm going to try that next.

From the packaging to the taste, this Balsamic Vinegar from Gourmet Living has a very Old World feel. If you have only tasted grocery store balsamic vinegar, then you are in for a treat! You can purchase your own bottle of Gourmet Living Balsamic Vinegar of Modena on Amazon.

#IGPInitialPromo

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment