Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Product Review: BLOCKIT RFID Blocking Sleeves #BLOCKIT


We went on vacation to South Africa last fall & before we went we switched our debit & credit cards to the ones with the embedded chip so that our cards would work in that country. We protected our cards by always carrying them in an inner pocket of my big travel purse. It worked but it was kind of a pain in the butt to get to them. If we had these RFID Blocking Sleeves from BLOCKIT it would have been so much easier.

I don't really know how these sleeves work but they are designed to protect your privacy & secure your data from digital pickpockets. According to the company the blocking sleeves are made with 3 protective layers. The first layer is an aluminum layer to block 13.56MHz frequencies, the second is a copper substrate layer which blocks all 125kHz & then the outer layer of colorful glossy paper. All I know is that when I put my grocery store loyalty card in the sleeve & held it up to the scanner on the gas pump, it could not be read. So these work!

These blocking sleeves come in a variety of bright colorful designs. I chose the yellow floral top-loading sleeve & the blue floral side-loading sleeve. My cards slide in easily & I can take them back out just as easily. These are so much more attractive than some of the others that I've seen on the market. The only thing that I don't like about them is that they are a bit bulky & don't fit in the credit card slots in my husband's wallet.

You can purchase BLOCKIT RFID Blocking Sleeves on Amazon.

#BLOCKIT

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment