Monday, July 27, 2015

Fresh Produce! And a new type of melon that we haven't eaten before.

I'm running really far behind with these posts. This is the produce basket that I picked up from my Bountiful Baskets site on the last Saturday in June. When I arrived to pick up my produce, I saw a melon that I had seen before so I was anxious to get it home & cut it open.

Here is what I got in my basket that day:
Cabbage, green leaf lettuce, 2 celery stalks, broccoli, 4 green bell peppers, 
5 Roma tomatoes, 9 apricots, 6 red pears, 1 pint of blueberries & a Canary melon.

I got all of this for $18.50 (which includes the $3.50 which is added to each order in Texas to contribute to the fuel costs for the trucks). We tried the Canary melon as soon as I got home. It has a very pale green flesh that is lighter than a Honeydew melon. It tastes a bit like a cantaloupe but not quite as sweet. We did like the flavor but I probably won't go out of my way to buy one because we love cantaloupe, especially the Tuscan variety.

If you want information about Bountiful Baskets, you can go here to read the New Participant Information.

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment