Sunday, July 26, 2015

Book Review: Terminal Life: A Suited Hero Novel by Richard Torregrossa #TerminalLife


I have always loved to read and I am a regular at my local library so I'm very excited to do my first book review here on my blog! The book that I received is Terminal Life: A Suited Hero Novel by Richard Torregrossa.

This book jumps straight into the action in Chapter One! The hero of this story is actually an anti-hero who wears his perfectly tailored suit like a super-hero costume. Luke Stark is a former Navy SEAL who comes home from his 2nd tour of duty in Afghanistan to find out that his wife is dead, murdered at her job in his Uncle Pauley's locksmith shop which is money laundering operation to cover up his illegal prescription drug deals, and his son has disappeared. These tragedies, coupled with his PTSD and a diagnosis of Hodgkin's lymphoma for which he has refused treatment, are enough to push Stark over the edge and he ends up in the psychiatric ward of the VA hospital. When he is finally released back to the real world, he finds himself living in a homeless shelter with only two things on his mind: avenging his wife's death and finding his son.

This story has non-stop action, violence, shootouts, car chases and even a love connection. It is a good read for anyone who loves crime thrillers and once I picked up this book, I didn't want to put it down. It moves easily from chapter to chapter and pulls you right into the dark side of Luke Stark. When I read a book, I always have a picture in my mind of what the characters look like. For me, I always thought of Jason Statham when I pictured Luke Stark.

I think that this action-packed thriller would make a great screenplay and I hope that this is just the first in a series of Luke Stark novels.

This novel is available in two formats on Amazon.

#TerminalLife

I received a hardcover copy of this novel from Oceanview Publishing for the purpose of this review. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own based on personally reading the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment