Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Francois et Mimi 50oz. Glass French Press Review #GlassFrenchPress

We have a French Press coffee maker but it is really old. And really small. And really ugly. So we don't use it in our kitchen but we do take it when we go camping. We've looked for another one that is nicer & would look good in our kitchen but so far nothing has really caught our eye. Then I had the chance to review this Francois et Mimi 50oz. Glass French Press & I liked the look of it as well as the fact that it hold 50 ounces!


When the box arrived, I couldn't wait to open it to take a look at our new French Press. My husband prefers his coffee be made in a French Press so I knew that he would love this one! I took it out of the box & quickly washed it so that it would be ready to use the next morning.


Using a French Press is pretty self-explanatory but, if you've never used one, I'll go through the steps.

First, measure your coffee into the pot. You'll want to use coarse-ground coffee because fine-ground coffee will clog the filter system. Then add hot water. We're too impatient to wait for a kettle to boil so we just use our Keurig for the hot water.

Now put the top on the coffee press but do NOT press down on the plunger yet. Leave it alone to let the coffee brew for about 5 minutes. After you've patiently waited for 5 minutes, hold the handle of the coffee press while you slowly press the plunger all the way down. Make sure the spout is turned away from you for safety. 

That's all there is to it! You're ready to pour your coffee & enjoy! 

When the coffee press is empty, I just wash it with warm soapy water but it is dishwasher safe. Always use a coffee press on a flat, non-slip surface & it is not for use on a stovetop.

So. Here is what I think about the Glass French Press: I like that it is such a large size for those occasions when we need to make more coffee than normal. I like that none of the coffee grounds escaped from under the filter screen like they did in our old coffee press. I like the sturdy Borosilicate glass & stainless steel construction of this press.

And I like the look of this coffee press & am proud to have it in my kitchen!

This Glass French Press is available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Francois-Mimi-Single-Borosilicate-50-Ounce/dp/B00KSRXUFM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

#GlassFrenchPress

I received this product for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are the result of my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment