Tuesday, March 24, 2015

HOT + SWEET Smoked Spanish Paprika Powder Review #SmokedPaprika

I use a lot of herbs & spices when I cook but Paprika is a spice that I'm not very familiar with & really don't use a lot. So I was excited to try the HOT + SWEET Smoked Spanish Paprika from Kiva Health Food.


These Smoked Paprika spices come in 2 ounce plastic bottles with a shaker top. According to the labels on these spices, smoked paprika is imported from the La Vera region of Spain where hand-harvested peppers are smoke dried over holm oak for at least 14 days. This century old recipe gives the paprika the unique flavors. It is made in small batches for optimum aroma, color & flavor.


 Like I said above, I'm not really familiar with paprika, or at least not with smoked paprika. I've got the regular stuff in my spice cabinet & use it occasionally, mostly on deviled eggs & veggie dishes. So I was anxious to try this out to see if I could taste the difference. The first thing that I noticed when I opened these bottles is that both of them have a nice smoky smell so I knew right away that my family would love them.


I used the Hot Smoked Paprika in a smoked sausage/zucchini soup that is a favorite at our house. I usually add some chili powder to give a little bit of a kick, but the smoked paprika really gave this recipe a needed boost in taste! I have also stirred some into chicken when I was making fajitas. It gave them a nice smoky pepper taste but wasn't too hot. The Hot Smoked Paprika is also good stirred into a pot of chili & we used it in a dry rub for a roast.

I tried the Sweet Smoked Paprika in some veggie dishes, on scrambled eggs, in a rub for baked chicken & the deviled eggs that I always sprinkle with regular paprika. The Sweet Smoked Paprika is a bit spicy but not as much as the Hot.

So. Here is what I think about HOT + SWEET Smoked Spanish Paprika Powder: I like these smoked versions of paprika MUCH better than the regular stuff! I like that I can use it in old standby recipes to make them taste completely different. I like that I have discovered a spice that I will use much more now!

And I really like that the company uses ingredients that are sourced directly from local farmers that practice sustainable & eco-friendly methods.

Now, I know you want to try these wonderful spices! You can find them on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Kiva-Gourmet-SMOKED-Spanish-Paprika/dp/B00QL3NZOI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427227542&sr=8-2&keywords=hot+%2B+sweet+smoked+paprika

#SmokedPaprika

I received these products for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own and are based on my personal experience and use of the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment