Friday, September 18, 2015

Get a salon look without a high salon price: imPRESS Press-On Manicure


I don't usually wear nail polish on my fingernails though I sometimes paint them with a clear coat or a "barely there" color. I've never tried press-on nails before because I thought they would just look fake, but I was provided two sets of imPRESS Press-On Manicure nails to try for myself & when I saw these nails in the package they looked nice so I was ready to give them a try.
I got one set in Symphony & one set in Tweetheart. The Symphony set has 24 pink nails plus 6 gold & white accent nails. The Tweetheart set has 24 bright red nails plus 2 heart-shaped sparkle accents. Both sets come with a prep pad & a nail file. Since I'm used to either no polish or very subdued polish on my nails, I wasn't sure how I would like these colors but I decided to just go for it! 
I washed & dried my hands completely before I got started. I decided to try the pink nails so I opened the package & spread them out so I could pick the sizes that I wanted for each nail. I wiped each of my nails with the prep pad, made sure they were dry & then started applying the nails. It's very easy to do: peel the plastic off the back of the nail, line it up with your nail & press down. I used the glitter accent nails on my ring fingers & pink nails on all of the rest, leaving my thumbs until last as suggested in the directions. The whole process didn't even take 10 minutes! 
Unlike regular nail polish, there is no drying time with these press-on nails. Just be sure to wait at least 30 minutes before getting them wet. I liked the way they looked as soon as I was finished applying the nails, but it took a lot of getting used to for me. I could feel that there was something on my nails but after a couple of days I no longer thought about it or noticed them. After wearing them for a week, it was very easy to peel them off (because a couple of them had started to loosen around the edges) without any damage to my real nails. I'm saving the bright red nails to wear when we celebrate our wedding anniversary. 

These press-on nails are not reusable but there are enough nails for 2 manicures or you can mix & match them with other colors from other sets. These are available at your local chain drugstores, grocery stores, Walmart & Target. For around $7, it's a lot cheaper (and faster) than getting a salon manicure! 

Go to the website to check out the other colors & styles currently available & follow on Instagram to for more mani inspiration! 

I received this product from imPRESS Manicure through Brandbacker for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own based on my personal experience and use of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment