Monday, December 21, 2015

Trying more essential oils: Penny Royal Essential Oil & Pine Essential Oil #simplyearth

I have received 2 essential oils that are both new to me. They each came in 15ml amber glass bottles & are 100% pure essential oils. I'll tell you what I have learned about each of these oils & how I am using them.

The first oil that I received is Penny Royal essential oil which has a nice minty scent. This oil is mainly used to scent commercial detergents so I have added a couple of drops on my dryer balls. I also add a couple of drops in my diffuser for a nice scent. It mixes nicely with geranium, rosemary, sage or citronella.

Now that I've told you the two ways that I am using this oil, let me give you this Warning: You will really need to do your research before using this oil as it is a very dangerous oil. If you are pregnant or nursing, avoid this oil completely & do not use around children. It is extremely toxic if ingested so never take penny royal internally for any reason & do not apply it to your skin.

The other oil that I received is Pine essential oil. This oil has a lot of uses but my favorites are in a diffuser & while cleaning. I love the scent of pine in my diffuser & it provides a stimulating & refreshing aroma in my home. It mixes well with grapefruit, cedar, rosemary, sage, eucalyptus or lavender oils. Another way I use this oil is for cleaning my floors. I add 1/2 cup of white vinegar & several drops of the oil to a gallon of warm water in my mop bucket. My floors get clean & my house smells great!

Both of these essential oils are from Simply Earth & I love a company that gives back! 13% of profits are donated to organizations committed to serving others.

#simplyearth

I received these products for the purpose of testing and review. Regardless, I only recommend products that I personally use and believe will be good for my readers. The opinions expressed above are 100% my own based on my personal experience and use of these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment